Inpatient Pharmacy Director Job 938177
Inpatient Pharmacy Director Job 938177
The Inpatient Pharmacy Director is responsible for providing leadership in the coordination of departmental activities and the resolution of operational and patient care issues. Develops long range planning and integrates the decisions of committees in the operations and activities of the department. Coordinates and oversees pharmacy, respiratory, and IV therapy services for the hospital ensuring the achievement of the organizational vision, mission, and values and providing optimal health to our community. The Director oversees the employees in the Inpatient Pharmacy, Respiratory Therapists and IV Inpatient Therapists. The current Director is retiring.
1. Plans and oversees the Pharmacy/Respiratory/IV Therapy Operations systems ensuring high-quality, cost-effective services.
2. Provides direct leadership for department managers and staff establishing a course of action for self and others to accomplish specific goals; planning proper assignments, and effective and efficient allocation of resources.
3. Partners with physicians and physician leadership.
4. Responsible for reporting financial and quality data.
5. Responsible for identifying best-practice business and clinical processes for pharmacy, respiratory and IV therapy and transitioning systems/processes as needed.
6. Serves as subject matter expert on pharmacy and clinical processes/systems, continually assessing and implementing improvements.
7. Partners with marketing and business development teams to continually assess and grow the services.
8. Partners with financial teams to ensure revenue and reimbursement processes are efficient.
9. Partners with other clinical leaders to ensure effective partnerships across the patient care continuum.
10. Remains knowledgeable of requirements of federal/state laws, payors, and regulatory bodies to ensure compliance.
11. Participates as a leader in a learning organization by providing data and reports, coaching staff, participating in task forces, committees and management forums and modeling behavior.
12. Integrates decisions of committees into the operation and activities of the department.
13. Ability to function successfully in an extremely challenging environment.
14. Establishes a course of action for self and others to accomplish specific goals; planning proper assignments, and effective and efficient allocation of resources.
15. Actively attends Management Committee meetings.
1. Masters or Doctor of Pharmacy
2. Valid State of Michigan Pharmacist and Controlled Substance License
3. Minimum of three years of successful administrative experience in pharmacy clinical setting
4. Demonstrated leadership ability, communication and interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with physicians, management, staff, external agencies/customers and patients/families
1. ASHP Accredited Residency training
This beautiful slice of south-central Michigan is rich in American history and scenic wonder throughout the seasons. We have an abundance of lakes, parks and vineyards. Our community makes the most of these assets, enjoying outdoor activities, arts and cultural events, sports and festivals. This city is in the south central area of Michigan, about 40 miles (west of Ann Arbor and 35 miles south of Lansing. The University of Michigan and Michigan State University are both about 35 minutes away. The city strikes just the right balance between downtown excitement, rich history, natural beauty, culture and outdoor fun. It is the perfect location to hunt, fish and hike. There are hundreds of lakes, 36 city parks, 16 county parks and large tracts of state land to use for recreation. It is ringed with a number of wineries and vineyards too!
$112,611–$143,520—$176,654 depending on education and experience plus relocation assistance.
To learn more and be considered for this exciting position send your resume now and call Marge Quaadman, your Direct Hire and Interim Management Search Senior Consultant at 727-793-9045 right away!
Why wait? Do it now. The right job for you right now…………is right here!
We will never forward your resume or present you to a client without your permission. We maintain your confidentiality. Just a reminder, there is never a cost to you as a candidate. Our cost is paid entirely by the client hospital.
Email your resume right away by clicking the \”Apply Online\” button below. Easy to do and quicker than you might think. Make the most of your future now.
PS: And if this job is not right for you please think of a colleague and let them know about this great opportunity.
PPS: And if this job is not right for you click the apply button anyway and tell me what job you are interested in and where you want to be. I’ll build a special alert just for you to let you know as soon as a job becomes available. For best results be sure to attach your resume.
Serving you the Pharmacist – that’s our job! Thank you.
Email your resume right away by clicking the \"Apply Online\" button below. Easy to do and quicker than you might think. Make the most of your future now.